Upon my usual strolls through random Googling, I discovered a hilarious website (Flame Warriors) containing a database of the type of “warriors” sighted at the “flame wars” of discussion forums. It is truly amusing and entertaining to see how accurate the database is able to portray all the types of forum participants. This database can even extend to bloggers as well since blogs are, in a way, forums.
If you use forums often, you are bound to find a warrior that fits your behaviors. For myself, I believe I’m more of a Big Cat and my ego is telling me I'm a Kung-Fu Master at times. From my forum experiences, I seem to sight a lot of Garbles and Androids. What about you? Who do you think you are and what other members do you often witness?
Below is a preview of some of the warriors:
When your life becomes “tethered,” as Rosenberg puts it, to the virtual world of forums and blogging, it is very likely that you will form a new personality based on your behaviors on the virtual world. The Flame Warriors are merely depictions in a humorous way of some of the personalities users tend to form.
No comments:
Post a Comment